Thursday 9 February 2017

Brixham Bunting: next phase!

We have until 3rd March to come up with our design for one of the triangular flags and to sew our string of bunting. Mary has some packs ready to sew and design, or if you are in town, pop into the Sewing  Box in Middle Street to collect your pack. There are plenty of packs to be collected, so please don't be shy! 
It's very straightforward to sew it altogether, and I have taken about an hour to finish mine. All I have to do now is my design! For me, that is the tricky bit!

Remember to use polyester thread in your machine, not 100% cotton thread, as the polyester is much stronger and more likely to stand up to the weather. Also, if you have a denim or leather needle for your machine you could use it, although it isn't crucial. The fabric isn't that heavy, any normal sewing machine will manage it easily. 
I began by pinning the tape and flags in place...
And very soon realised that all I needed to do was fold the tape and measure exactly where to place the flags as I was sewing.




No comments:

Post a Comment